Photo courtesy of visitsavannah.com
Fall has officially arrived and there is so much fun in store here in Coastal Georgia. There are a variety of events coming up in the next few months, not just in Richmond Hill, but also in the surrounding areas. October is packed with fun autumn activities every weekend, and November and December have some great events in store as well. We’ve put together a list of our favorites – check it out!
- Tybee Island Pirate Fest This fun-filled weekend, taking place October 6-9, is filled with pirate themed activities all weekend long. There will be a pirate parade, a Buccaneer’s Ball, and tons of costumes and games for the kids. The whole family will love the camaraderie of all the pirate action!
- Annual Oktoberfest Celebrate Oktoberfest with a southern twang! The weekend of October 7-9 will include a fireworks show, Bratwurst tasting, and, of course, lots of beer. The event will be held right on River Street in historic downtown Savannah, so you can enjoy the 33rd annual event in a beautiful waterfront setting!
- Ogeechee Seafood Festival We’ll be hosting the annual Great Ogeechee Seafood Festival the weekend of October 14-16 in our own backyard, J.F. Gregory Park in Richmond Hill! The festival will feature coastal seafood, a large variety of arts and crafts booths and live entertainment. All tickets are $5, and children under 5 are free. There will be a variety of fun carnival rides as well (Helpful Tip: Come out on Friday night or early Saturday to avoid long lines at your favorite attractions and food booths). Can’t wait to see you all there!
- Savannah Food Truck Festival For all the foodies out there, this event is for you! The Savannah Food Truck Festival, on October 9, is in celebration of the legalization of food trucks in the Savannah area. The event will include free yoga in the park, over 30 food trucks, craft vendors and live music. Located in Daffin Park in downtown Savannah, the event is sure to be a good time with plenty of activities for everyone!
- Savannah Food and Wine Festival Come celebrate gourmet food and wine in the area with this weeklong culinary event! Savannah Food and Wine, taking place in various locations within Savannah, is filled with various culinary attractions, celebrity chefs and celebrations of good food and wine. The festival will, running from November 7-13, is right around the corner so don’t wait to get your tickets for this renowned culinary festival!
- Annual Christmas on the River Celebration From December 2-3, you can expect to see a variety of regional arts and crafts vendors set up on River Street in downtown Savannah, presenting you with the perfect opportunity to knock out your Christmas celebration! The weekend-long celebrations all lead up to the annual Lighted Christmas Parade, and you won’t want to miss it!