Autumn is a great time to revisit your spring cleaning list with these few seasonal extras. With winter just around the corner, you’ll want to make your home somewhere you want to be – organized and prepared for the quality time you’ll be spending inside in the months ahead. Follow these tips and tricks for tidying up inside as the leaves fall outside.
- Cloudy day? Overcast days or evenings are the perfect time to wash your window as it is much easier to see streaks. As the days get shorter, take a few minutes during darker hours to wipe down with a microfiber cloth and glass cleaner.
- De-clutter the Attic or Basement. If you’ve been rummaging in the attic for your spooky Halloween decorations, and notice that things are a bit awry, take the time to reorganize. Things will be much easier to find for the upcoming holiday season.
- Clean up and store away summer patio furniture. Clean up and wipe everything down so it’ll be ready to go for spring!
- Address your closet. It’s probably safe to store away tank tops and shorts now. Layer them with dryer sheets in storage to keep them smelling fresh! Anything that hasn’t been worn, or that has been over worn (including shoes!) can be discarded, or even better, donated.
- Wipe down surfaces that you don’t usually think about to reduce allergens and general build up. Think cupboard linings, the mantle, the top of the fridge, and ceiling fans.
- Feeling a draft? Check weather stripping now! Realizing you have poor insulation in the winter is worse than losing you A/C in August. Be proactive and check your insulation and weather stripping before it’s too late.
- Prepare for fall colds. Your medicine cabinet may look stocked, but expired medications are useless and add clutter to your bathroom space. Go through your medicine cabinet and remove unnecessary bottles.
Photo courtesy of thecontainerstore.com