The holidays are approaching quickly. When you are behind on your décor, shopping or party planning, sometimes it can be hard to get into the spirit of the holidays. When the holidays are making you feel more stressed than gleeful, here are some tips to get your mojo back and enjoy the rest of winter!
- Plan a Family movie night. No matter what holiday you celebrate, there is sure to be a movie that captures the joy of it. Pop your favorite into the DVD player and spend the evening with a bowl of warm popcorn and a wintery classic.
- Craft a countdown calendar. Create a fun calendar that counts down to your favorite holiday! This is an easy way to get everyone involved: Adults handle big jobs like cutting or gluing and kids get creative with a unique design. Display it until the big day!
- Spruce up your front porch! DIY is an affordable way to dress up your front porch and make coming home feel a bit more festive. Remodelholic has some awesome ideas that go far beyond your typical wreath!
- Admire local light displays. Many neighborhoods go all-out with their lighting displays. There are also several parks that have impressive drive-thru and walk-thru light shows. “December Nights & Holiday Lights” at the Coastal Georgia Botanical Society features a festive collection that dazzles the senses and is sure to put you in the holiday spirit.
- Volunteer! The best way to feel cheer is to share it with others. Locate your favorite charity and find out how you can contribute with your family during this season of giving.
Photo courtesy of southernliving.com
Read our Community Insights